You never respond to disputes
You never respond to disputes.
Hello and thank you for your review,
We receive a TON of disputes and have a team of researchers carefully reviewing, researching, and resolving each one. We base our decisions on a set of criteria for accepting answers, which is primarily based on the official game rules. Here are a few reasons:
- Answers can not begin with an article: A, An or The (example: The Wizard of Oz is not okay for ""T"", but Wizard of Oz is okay for ""W"").
- Answers can not be plural, as then they are actually duplicates of other answers (example: bluebird is acceptable, but bluebirds is not).
- We cannot accept misspelled answers, as they too are duplicates of the correctly-spelled words (example: Keira Knightley is correct, Kiera Knightly is not).
- Answers can not be adjusted with, for example, a simple adjective (example: Rose is acceptable for a flower, but Pink Rose is not).
- We cannot accept short forms of existing answers (example: Nicolas Cage is correct, Nic Cage is not).
- All answers must be appropriate for an audience beginning at age 4. Any adult/mature content cannot be included.
And, of course, there are some accidental rejections that our dispute team keeps an eye out for. If something you’ve disputed is eventually disputed by another player, the dispute team will have a second opportunity to evaluate and accept (or reject) that word.
We do try to include a rejection reason when we can, but the volume of disputes we receive is high so we try to resolve as many as possible as quickly as possible.
There are a few other rules we abide by, but hopefully the above information offers some food for thought. Thanks for your feedback!
We should be able to win disputes: know why our answer was disputed, earn coins back if Scattergories is wrong, etc
You gave me a clue word and it wasn’t accepted!!!
I have submitted several disputed answers and have not heard back regarding a single one. How long before I can expect a response?
Dog shows are fun! Should be a category!
Ok u say incorrectly spelt answers are not acceptable and rightly so but when my opponent spells kukaburra for kookaburra and u accept his as being correct when you fail many of my CORRECT replies makes my blood boil...lift your game Scattergories
I’ve given several answers I know were correct, one being Alcorn, which IS a university. You ask for unique answers, but when you get one, you deny credit for it.
But they do allow some incorrect answers. One example is a Female Singer. I have noticed that the game accepts FIONNA APPLE. The correct spelling is FIONA APPLE.
For example, incorrectly spelled, not an animal, etc