There have been numerous times I’ve submitted one answer, them in the final winners screen it’s slightly different like it was autocorrected after the submission. Seems like a glitch.
Thank you for reaching out! If your submitted word doesn’t match a word that is already on the answer list, our auto-correct system will try to correct it to the closest match, in case you’ve made a typo. We implemented auto-correct to help with spelling errors but unfortunately the system sometimes doesn’t know its own strength. Our development team is working hard to refine it so that it doesn’t take a reasonable answer and change it to something else in this way: it’s a work in progress!
We’ve also added the ability to dispute auto-corrected words, so you can petition to have your original word added to our database of correct answers. Simply tap Dispute from the results screen and enter your reason for why we should include it.
In addition, here are some guidelines to abide by, in order to avoid triggering the auto-correct system:
- Answers can not begin with an article: A, An or The (example: The Wizard of Oz is not okay for ""T"", but Wizard of Oz is okay for ""W"").
- Answers can not be plural, as then they are actually duplicates of other answers (example: bluebird is acceptable, but bluebirds is not).
- We cannot accept misspelled answers, as they too are duplicates of the correctly-spelled words (example: Keira Knightley is correct, Kiera Knightly is not).
- Answers can not be adjusted with, for example, a simple adjective (example: Rose is acceptable for a flower, but Pink Rose is not).
- We cannot accept short forms of existing answers (example: Nicolas Cage is correct, Nic Cage is not).
- All answers must be appropriate for an audience beginning at age 4. Any adult/mature content cannot be included.
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the frustration!