App changes my spelling
The app sometimes changes the word I've entered after I hit done. I don't see that it's happened until I check my score.
Thank you for reaching out! If your submitted word doesn’t match a word that is already on the answer list, our auto-correct system will try to correct it to the closest match, in case you’ve made a typo. We implemented auto-correct to help with spelling errors but unfortunately the system sometimes doesn’t know its own strength. Our development team is working hard to refine it so that it doesn’t take a reasonable answer and change it to something else in this way: it’s a work in progress!
In addition, here are some guidelines to abide by, in order to avoid triggering the auto-correct system:
- Answers can not begin with an article: A, An or The (example: The Wizard of Oz is not okay for “T”, but Wizard of Oz is okay for “W”).
- Answers can not be plural, as then they are actually duplicates of other answers (example: bluebird is acceptable, but bluebirds is not).
- We cannot accept misspelled answers, as they too are duplicates of the correctly-spelled words (example: Keira Knightley is correct, Kiera Knightly is not).
- Answers can not be adjusted with, for example, a simple adjective (example: Rose is acceptable for a flower, but Pink Rose is not).
- We cannot accept short forms of existing answers (example: Nicolas Cage is correct, Nic Cage is not).
- All answers must be appropriate for an audience beginning at age 4. Any adult/mature content cannot be included.
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the frustration!
Yes it's been doing that to mine too
Yes this happens to me often as well. I thought at first it was the backspace being close to the submit button and I was accidently deleting the last letter when submitting. But it's now happened making changes at the beginning of words that I've typed. It's even added letters?!