This game is ridiculous. I have submitted so many legit answers, only to have them marked as unacceptable. Once disputed, they seem to just
This game is ridiculous. I have submitted so many legit answers, only to have them marked as unacceptable. Once disputed, they seem to just disappear, never to be addressed. Just an example: Topic was 'Athletes'. I answered with "Longar Longar". This is a Sudanese born US basketball player. A legit first a last name. Was marked incorrect, making me lose the round. I disputed assuming that it could be easily confirmed by a simple Google search and that my score would be adjusted accordingly. Nope. Never heard back. Another one: Topic was "Insect". I typed in "Moss mantid". Completely legit insect. Again, not accepted. Again, I lost a round. Disputed and never heard from again. I'm through spending money on an app which is happy to take users money but not so quick to respond to issues, complaints and inquiries. I wouldn't spend another minute on this app and I'll be sure to leave a similar review warning other potential players.
Thank you for reaching out! We receive a TON of disputes and have a team of researchers carefully reviewing, researching, and resolving each one. We base our decisions on a set of criteria for accepting answers, which is primarily based on the official game rules. Here are a few reasons:
- Answers can not begin with an article: A, An or The (example: The Wizard of Oz is not okay for “T”, but Wizard of Oz is okay for “W”).
- Answers can not be plural, as then they are actually duplicates of other answers (example: bluebird is acceptable, but bluebirds is not).
- We cannot accept misspelled answers, as they too are duplicates of the correctly-spelled words (example: Keira Knightley is correct, Kiera Knightly is not).
- Answers can not be adjusted with, for example, a simple adjective (example: Rose is acceptable for a flower, but Pink Rose is not).
- We cannot accept short forms of existing answers (example: Nicolas Cage is correct, Nic Cage is not).
- All answers must be appropriate for an audience beginning at age 4. Any adult/mature content cannot be included.
And, of course, there are some accidental rejections that our dispute team keeps an eye out for. If something you’ve disputed is eventually disputed by another player, the dispute team will have a second opportunity to evaluate and accept (or reject) that word.
We do try to include a rejection reason when we can, but the volume of disputes we receive is high so we try to resolve as many as possible as quickly as possible.
There are a few other rules we abide by, but hopefully the above information offers some food for thought. Thanks for your feedback!
Better off playing the real board game and not this joke of a game.
Stephie Vee commented
*I just added a topic to the forum asking to bring this game play back.
Stephie Vee commented
There was a category of free play called "Contribute" where players would get one category and answer as many questions as they could, using any letters, in the time allotted. If approved, player would receive 5 coins. Granted, it's not a lot, but it helps increase the word bank, ensuring those answers you just listed would be accepted.