How can we improve Scattergories?

Disputes & Lack of Response

I've discovered that a good many legit answers are being denied. Upon sending a dispute with a detailed description, I find that I'm not getting responses from the developers.
This is incredibly frustrating. I'd like to provide an example of my most recent dispute (and the lack of feedback from the Scattergories team):

Topic: ATHLETES using L as first letter - My response was "Longar Longar". This is the legitimate first AND last name of a Sudanese-born basketball player. This can, of course, be easily confirmed with a simple Google search. The answer was denied. To add insult to injury, I lost the round and missed by one. You guessed it..... The ATHLETE question.
I immediately disputed their denial, providing an explanation not dissimilar from what I've written here. I have YET to receive any type of response or correction. This is just one example among many.
Seems as though legitimate answers are denied, and the disputes are simply a formality.
This is profoundly frustrating and really compromises the integrity of the game itself. I'm strongly considering just deleting the app.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RoseRose shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  MagmicAdminMagmic (Support Team, Magmic) responded  · 

Please go to the main menu and tap on the top right corner button. Then select Help and send us a message.
    We will be better able to assist you if you send us a support ticket from within the app.

-Jordan

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

How do you dispute and answer that someone else submitted? Under "famous females" they submitted "Betty Ross" not " Betsy Ross" and gave more points for a "unique" book title to "Beauty and the Beast" rather than "Beezus and Ramona".

• Stephie VeeStephie Vee commented  · 

I finally had two disputes settled and was rewarded 5 coins for each approved. That's 2 out of...well I don't know. I can only imagine upwards of 50. It didn't take this long before last update.

• Stephie VeeStephie Vee commented  · 

I have not had a single dispute resolved in several months. I get a "in review" comment and nothing comes from it.
        Speaking of athlete category, I've played "Nance", for Larry Nance who played 13 seasons in the NBA and it's always denied. Weird that "Namath" and "Montana" are accepted. I guess only "football" players are allowed to be referred to by last name. That was over 6 months ago. Now there is no resolution.

Not only that, they took away feature where one can dispute an answer if autocorrect changes it to another word. Why was it removed?

Feedback and Knowledge Base