It's strange how once a game ends and you make sure you type your answers correctly that a word you didn't type appears in your answers?!
A fix is needed to make sure what someone types in is actually what is their answer, not some word put in they didn't type in.
Thank you for reaching out! If your submitted word doesn’t match a word that is already on the answer list, our auto-correct system will try to correct it to the closest match, in case you’ve made a typo. We implemented auto-correct to help with spelling errors but unfortunately the system sometimes doesn’t know its own strength. Our development team is working hard to refine it so that it doesn’t take a reasonable answer and change it to something else in this way: it’s a work in progress!
To help with this issue, you can now submit a dispute for the original answer that was auto-corrected. Just hit the ""dispute"" button on the results screen, and your original word will be submitted for review. We’ve added this new feature based on player feedback similar to yours.
In addition, here are some guidelines to abide by, in order to avoid triggering the auto-correct system:
- Answers can not begin with an article: A, An or The (example: The Wizard of Oz is not okay for ""T"", but Wizard of Oz is okay for ""W"").
- Answers can not be plural, as then they are actually duplicates of other answers (example: bluebird is acceptable, but bluebirds is not).
- We cannot accept misspelled answers, as they too are duplicates of the correctly-spelled words (example: Keira Knightley is correct, Kiera Knightly is not).
- Answers can not be adjusted with, for example, a simple adjective (example: Rose is acceptable for a flower, but Pink Rose is not).
- We cannot accept short forms of existing answers (example: Nicolas Cage is correct, Nic Cage is not).
- All answers must be appropriate for an audience beginning at age 4. Any adult/mature content cannot be included.
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the frustration!
Stephie Vee commented
It's autocorrect and they used to have "dispute" under the word so if autocorrect indeed changed it, you could dispute it, get points for it and also use it in game play. As of the last update, it disappeared.
I only just downloaded yesterday and it is doing that to me.
Joanne Ranzer commented
I was told I must update my app. Since I did that, I often can't get the game. Very frustrating