How can we improve Scattergories?

Cheater List (Please Add)

Since so many players cheat, using variations of the same word, plural or double spacing and more to get credit and the game has not been updated to catch them. We should just list the players here. Feel free to add. Once I see a player that I know is going to cheat, I forfeit my coins and close the app. If they game catches up, and allows me to block players, I'm starting with this list. Feel free to add players so I can (hopefully) block them too one day!

Iris E C - Level 98 Top Tier VIP -

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stephie VeeStephie Vee shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  MagmicAdminMagmic (Support Team, Magmic) responded  · 

Variations of the same word are acceptable. Sorry, there’s no easy way to block those. Plurals are not supposed to be in the lists but some got through when we initially created the lists. If you see any plurals that are still being accepted , let support know, we can remove them from the database.
    Double spacing should now be completely blocked, but again please let support know if you are still seeing it.
    -Jordan

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I'm so frustrated with Angela B and 90026. I'm sure that they are game generated to fill in when not enough players are present, but who the hell is responsible for programming them to answer like that? There's zero chance of competing. I sent an email to support addressing this, with screenshot from this thread and asked them to address the thread as well.

I'm not holding my breath though.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Angela B. What is the deal? I paid for your game and can't win rounds because of a bot/cheater/computer whatever Angela B. is. Bullshit.

• Stephie VeeStephie Vee commented  · 

KT--what gets me is the answers given by them, that no human would be fast enough to type--even if one knew all of those scientific answers "Angela B and friends" use! They are always getting the 12-20 point answers! Sad there was just an update and yet,again, nothing changed. They clearly don't care about retaining players or any of the ideas suggested in this forum. For those who buy coins--they're basically just stealing money by introducing their robo-players.
        I'll keep checking here, and updates, as if I delete, I'll lose my progress, but it's more frustrating to play than entertaining.

• KTKT commented  · 

Stwphie, I think you're probably right about them being computer generated by the gamemakers. If they'd create some bots that didn't win every time, they wouldn't be so bad. But these bots really take all the fun out of the game. Obviously they don't care, either, because I've reported them about a month ago and they still show up.

I agree Ross C, that's why I started this thread. I've been debating deleting as well. TPTB don't seem to have any interest in this forum they created nor retaining players.

Does anyone they are Scattergories computer-generated opponents? I cannot fathom why a person would go through so much trouble for a free app. Does not matter what time I want to play, either 90026, Angela B or another obvious computer, is an opponent against me. If that's the case, they need to drop the minimum players for the four player rounds.

• Ross C.Ross C. commented  · 

Angela B. Either has a hack that gives unlimited help or is the fastest thinker & typist of all time. And has encyclopedic knowledge of scientific names. Come up against her all three time and am considering deleting game because of players like her.

When I see them, I've been using the opportunity to inform people about this post on forums, and urging them to get TPTB to fix thus ongoing issue. Instead of answering the questions, I just type in "computerized cheaters", "please report"' "see form", etc. I'm going to lose the round anyway!

• AnnonAnnon commented  · 

I have played two games with player 90026, it was time attack of 45 seconds both times he got the 6 answers in 10 seconds!!! I think he is computerised because that is impossible. I say band him !!!!

• JasonJason commented  · 

Christian P. Level 53, chronic double-spacer

Reporting doesn't work and I am really disappointed in this last update. First of all, they took away the ability to dispute. Furthermore, they don't heed any of the suggestions in this forum. Who would create something to cheat at a game for their own pleasure? Or is it the game whose lost players adding computer-generated ones to make up for the fact nobody wants to play anymore? Since I can't block, or choose players, what's left? Besides the ones mentioned, I played one-on-one with players, with professional looking pics, who all seem to have the same exact level as me, but I have never played with them before...
        I changed my game rating and review to reflect how the game had become.

I LITERALLY (6:30pm EST 01/04/17) just played Angela B and 90026 who both, ironically, are at the same level I am every single game. Right now I'm at level 91, and so are they. I thought they were computer players generated by Scattergories honestly. How can they both answer 12 questions in 10 seconds when every answer is a 15 letter long word?!? They can't. Every single game I play they are both popping up to the point I've lost so many coins.
        Who can compete with a dictionary at a word game?!?

Hmm, I have also noticed these two. However, I am currently level 61 and 90026 and Angela B. are also level 61. I notice that whatever level I am, when they pop up in the game, they are always at the same level...

I've also noticed these two. What strikes me as odd is that even though they win every time, they are still at low levels and only level up when I do. I am currently a level 32 and both 90026 and Angela B. are level 32. How is that even possible?

• drjustydrjusty commented  · 

I've reported them. Got an email asking which games they were popping up in. Maybe they'll boot them but I doubt it. It's been a week already and just about every game, there they are.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please report cheaters to magmic. I did, and haven't seen any results yet. But people like Angela B and 90026 ruin the game for everyone. Maybe if a lot of us report, they'll take action.

On a side note, what do you get out of cheating? What fun is it? I don't get it.

• drjustydrjusty commented  · 

Yeah starting to see 90026 and Angela B in the same games now.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Came here to say Angela B and 90026. Just want to play fair.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sorry, make that 90026. And Angela B.. sick of the cheaters.

Feedback and Knowledge Base