How can we improve Scattergories?

If you make a rule stick to it!

I'm very tired of seeing blatant misspellings being accepted. I'm tired of opponents using the, a, and an and them being acceptable. You say use singular, yet you change answers to plurals. By the way, do you realize that the way you phrase your category titles grammatically would require a plural answer in most cases? Another peeve....stop being hypocritical. Example......in the Spices and Herbs category you use the word Spice in the title, yet, if I answer allspice, or any answer with the word spice, you asterisk it out due to spic. But you use it yourself in the title! Also ....button should not be a bad word, or Indian corn, or sextant. Grow a pair.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Upset...again...and yet againUpset...again...and yet again shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  MagmicAdminMagmic (Support Team, Magmic) responded  · 

Misspellings could have slipped by our dispute agents and we are trying to maintain huge word lists. If you come across any that seem obviously wrong, please let support know the word and category. We can remove them.
    As our app is rated 4+, we have incredibly strict guidelines for what is/isn’t appropriate. We use code to asterisk out any words and it applies to all non-valid words. So, if you dispute a word that had in part or in whole been censored and it is accepted, that word will no longer be censored at all.
    -Jordan

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MagmicAdminMagmic (Support Team, Magmic) commented  · 

I think we've gotten "Farrah Faucet" removed from all possible categories but if there was one we missed, again, please contact support with word and category for removal.

• Stephie VeeStephie Vee commented  · 

Right? Farrah Faucet is STILL being credited as an acceptable answer!

Feedback and Knowledge Base