How can we improve Scattergories?

Fix the clunky keyboard

Shouldn't have to struggle to type in letters.

90 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  MagmicAdminMagmic (Support Team, Magmic) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback on our keyboard! Our development team is working hard to improve the keyboard so that players can type quickly and have all of their taps register. For the time being, I personally find that tapping a bit more slowly as I enter words seems to be beneficial. It’s not an ideal solution, but it might help while we work on getting the keyboard fixed!

-Jordan

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MagmicAdminMagmic (Support Team, Magmic) commented  · 

Thanks everyone, and I'm sorry for the frustration! We are working on improving the keyboard to ensure that even our fastest-typing players can have their words entered without any issues. For now, please bear with us while we make improvements. I find it helps to slow down my typing just a little bit, just for the time being!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree sometimes when I'm in a game I would press a key and it would stay use the key was stuck and the next time I go to hit the key it doesn't work and I have to erase my entire word.

Or better yet I would press the key once and about 7 of that letter comes up and I have to erase it wasting time.

• AA commented  · 

The keyboard is very slow. Hard to push.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The keyboard is the worst!!! Let me use my default keyboard

• AshleeAshlee commented  · 

Agreed! Slows me down especially on long or double words because it's so slow at responding to what I'm trying to type!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I thought it was just me as I really struggle to type in my answers and not have the wrong letter selected.

Can you also add the caret back in? It's disheartening to type a really long word, only to realise that the first of second letter is a typo, then having to delete everything and re-enter rather than simply correcting your mistake

• Tracey CoronadoTracey Coronado commented  · 

I have also noticed that this keyboard is really bad! It is incredibly difficult to type accurately and quickly with your keyboard.

• OrtiveroOrtivero commented  · 

Yes. A struggle to type quickly.

• jillianwhuberjillianwhuber commented  · 

Typing is the worst...so hard to get the letters right. Super sensitive and crazy...

• Anonymous commented  · 

The spell check doesn't occur until the score screen. Sorry for any confusion

• HeidiHeidi commented  · 

I agree and my iPad won't switch to panoramic view so it's smaller then that. It's pretty much the main part of the game. Also I've added acceptable words and during check scores it will be a complete different word? Also maybe add spell check into the keyboard, since this game doesn't accept typos it would make the game way more fair and injoy able. Thanks for your attention.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ditto. Really annoying. Spooling my enjoyment of the game

• Anonymous commented  · 

Glad to know this isn't just me. The keyboard is definitely annoying - definitely is the game's biggest issue and if I were to rate the game, this issue would bring stars down to about 2.

• DannyDanny commented  · 

AGREE. I've misspelled so many things because of it....

Feedback and Knowledge Base