Scattergories

How can we improve Scattergories?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I won two tournaments by many points and have not received my coins or frames yet.

I won two tournaments and have not received my coins or frames yet. I am bummed out because I played hard day and night to be several thousand points ahead of everyone on the list. I like this game but can't play anymore if this can't be rectified because then what would be the point of playing tournaments if you win but don't get the prizes mentioned? Please help.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

The tournament rewards should appear in your mailbox (the mail icon on the main menu). If for some reason they haven’t shown up, please contact support.

-Jordan

• Frustrated

I am tired of the game freezing - particularly after being invited to play the bonus rounds - and having to get out and start again. What happens to the points used of the frozen game - are they just lost!? Some of the answers which are said to be wrong are actually right (eg. fuschia). Is any R&D being done to improve what should be a very good game?

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out! We receive a TON of disputes and have a team of researchers carefully reviewing, researching, and resolving each one. We base our decisions on a set of criteria for accepting answers, which is primarily based on the official game rules. Here are a few reasons:

- Answers can not begin with an article: A, An or The (example: The Wizard of Oz is not okay for ""T"", but Wizard of Oz is okay for ""W"").
        - Answers can not be plural, as then they are actually duplicates of other answers (example: bluebird is acceptable, but bluebirds is not).
        - We cannot accept misspelled answers, as they too are duplicates of the correctly-spelled words (example: Keira Knightley is correct, Kiera Knightly is not).
        - Answers can not be adjusted with, for example, a simple adjective (example: Rose is acceptable for a flower, but Pink Rose is…

• Fix this game

When I type something up and look at the results it says that I typed it incorrectly even though I double check

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out! If your submitted word doesn’t match a word that is already on the answer list, our auto-correct system will try to correct it to the closest match, in case you’ve made a typo. We implemented auto-correct to help with spelling errors but unfortunately the system sometimes doesn’t know its own strength. Our development team is working hard to refine it so that it doesn’t take a reasonable answer and change it to something else in this way: it’s a work in progress!

To help with this issue, you can now submit a dispute for the original answer that was auto-corrected. Just hit the ""dispute"" button on the results screen, and your original word will be submitted for review. We’ve added this new feature based on player feedback similar to yours.

In addition, here are some guidelines to abide by, in order to avoid triggering the…

• Disputes button not working

I have had numerous things to dispute but I can NEVER get it to enter when I select the arrow. Anyone else having this problem? What can be done?

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a couple issues here from the sounds of it.
            1) you need to have text in the box before you can submit the dispute.
            2) one of our updates accidentally removed the ability to dispute auto-corrected words. Sorry about that, we are aware of the issue and will bring it back as soon as we can.
            3) if the keyboard doesn’t automatically open when you get to the dispute screen it seems it hasn’t initialised properly. On the main menu tap your portrait in the top left of the screen. Then tap where your player name is. The keyboard should open and now be initialised for any further disputes.

-Jordan

• Frustrated

I'm getting really upset when we are offered to watch an ad and it freezes and I have to restart the game and I lose my money, I don't get to see my score to see if I did actually lose the game and not just lost my coins and could have actually won the game. But I do love this game a lot. Oh yea one other thing I think those special tournaments are way to expensive to pay. Could you look into those things at your convenience. Thanks.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Authors

Just wondering if you write author by first or last name. I did both and it wasn't accepted.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Boosts

I truly hate the lightbulb idea power up bc it's useless, it just suggests an answer for a random letter. I also loathe the ABC and since it gives you 3 letters to clue you in, you'd have to know some totally obscure things they're hinting at, their never easy or even kinda hard questions they are borderline PHD shit. I think the abc should let you switch the letter you're given and it can be used once like time extend. The lightbulb should give you a suggestion that fits the letter and/or category. Or it could be a solid…

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We have swapped the ABC for the double-extra time power up. We’re still reviewing how to adjust the Idea power up. I like your suggestions for it and will pass those along.

-Jordan

• For starters- Censorship is just plain ri***ulous

•***el- Jewel
                  •**** Van ****- Dick Van Dyke

•Anything plural is considered a different answer.
                  •Even disputed proven correct answers are still not considered correct.

Basically if you play the board game and love it, do not go into this expecting it to be the same.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out! The reason we don’t accept certain words is because the app is rated for everyone ages 4+. We have very strict guidelines around what types of words we can and can’t include, and we do our best to review words on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance. Sorry for the frustration!
                    -Jordan

• Make transitions faster

When you click back or into games it's extremely slow. The animations could be much quicker

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Planted players

Is anyone else noticing the same player continuously popping up in these supposedly randomized games and scoring ridiculous, almost perfect points every time they play? I have noted one in particular who, if she really is playing in the tournament, would be if not atop the leaderboard at least on it but she's not. It's really annoying to try to play these tournaments and keep having this player pop up and snake wins.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

My points don't calculate. Game changes my answers to answers I don't recognize.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out! If your submitted word doesn’t match a word that is already on the answer list, our auto-correct system will try to correct it to the closest match, in case you’ve made a typo. We implemented auto-correct to help with spelling errors but unfortunately the system sometimes doesn’t know its own strength. Our development team is working hard to refine it so that it doesn’t take a reasonable answer and change it to something else in this way: it’s a work in progress!

To help with this issue, you can now submit a dispute for the original answer that was auto-corrected. Just hit the ""dispute"" button on the results screen, and your original word will be submitted for review. We’ve added this new feature based on player feedback similar to yours.

In addition, here are some guidelines to abide by, in order to avoid triggering the…

• Change letters/more categories

I suggest changing the letters more often. The real game itself has a dice. This version i get the same letters all the time:P, E, W, N, T, S. Change it up. More categories would be nice too.

0 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

It is set up to be random, with all the same letters you would get on the die from Scattergories. Due to the random nature it is possible for the same letters to come up often (just as on a real die).
                            -Jordan

• Include plurals of words as duplicates

Please find a way to ensure plurals of words or at least common plurals are counted as duplicates
                            For example: acre and acres.
                            It is very frustrating to have my answer or acre crossed out as it matches someone else's acre but not the acres

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

I am very sorry about that. This is why we do not accept plurals in disputes (except in some cases where you generally only use the plural). The way the database compares the words is already complex enough and it’s simpler to just have only singular forms of the words in the database and then just auto-correct plurals when a player types it.
                              This word was from “terms of measurement” and I’ve removed the plural “acres”. Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, the only way we’re ever going to know about plurals that have slipped through is from players reporting them to us.
                              -Jordan

• Way too many adds!!!!

I am literally one more advert away from deleting this game

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! One ad plays between each full round of gameplay. Our advertising revenue allows us to provide ongoing support and development of the game, while keeping the game free for everyone. There is a Disable Ads add-on available in the store that removes video ads from the game. If you prefer, that option is there.

Thanks again for your feedback, which I will pass on to the team! We are always evaluating and tweaking frequency and length of ads.

-Jordan

• Play with friends without logging into Facebook

Told friends to download he game but can't play with them since they don't have a Facebook

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Currently our only method is through Facebook, I am sorry. Keep in mind Facebook is free to sign up for, so they could easily have accounts just for playing games.
                                  On another note we are looking in to other methods for multiplayer but I don’t think it would be arriving any time soon, sorry.
                                  -Jordan

• If you're 2nd in a tournament

Do you win any coins if you come in second in a tournament?

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

It depends on the tournament in question. Some have the same reward for 1st through 3rd but some have a different reward for 1st and 2nd. I did a quick look through and the “Silver” reward category almost always is set to reward coins.
                                    If for some reason your reward isn’t showing up in the mailbox, contact support. We’re happy to help sort that out.
                                    -Jordan

• Ties???

Why does only one person win when there is a tie? For example .. Me and my opponent both ended the game with 50 points. But they won!!! Can't there be an award for both if a tie occurs?

13 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi There
                                      Ties come down to a couple of factors. Firstly it goes to the person with the highest point valued word and if you are still tied it will go to the person who finished with the least amount of time used.
                                      Hope that helps

1 3 Next →
                                    • Don't see your idea?

Scattergories

Feedback and Knowledge Base