How can we improve Magmic?

Cannot connect to Sudoku on 2017-04-18.

Cannot connect to Sudoku on 2017-04-18. Is this a temporary issue?

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoeJoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoeJoe commented  · 

Received from uv-support@mamgmic.com:

Hi Joe,

Thank you for reaching out! I'm sorry to share this news with you: the Sudoku app has been retired, after some great years of play. We sincerely appreciate that you've played and enjoyed our game over the years, and we hope that you're able to find other great games to enjoy! You've shared some feedback with us in the past about what you like about Magmic's Sudoku app, which has been very much appreciated, and I hope you can find similar features in a new game out there.

I will share your message with the development team in case there's an opportunity to get things back up and running in the future.

KD

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm glad to know it's not just me but this was one addiction I justified to myself as being good for me as it keeps my brain active. Come on magic - explain yourself! Is this the end or are you busily working on a fix?

• JoeJoe commented  · 

Toughest Sudoku I've found is 'hardest' level of Sudoku Epic from kristanix.com. In addition to all places listed on their site, you can find it on BlackBerry World.

I don't think that they have daily puzzles.

I don't know if it tracks overall points & publishes a leaders list (nor if it offers a social/community forum), since I got that from Magmic Sudoku. I was ranked at 109th.

The interface & tools are clean & clear, if different from Magmic Sudoku.

It's worth a look, if Magmic is trashing Magmic Sudoku.

• KimKim commented  · 

Ughhh. Day 3 with no Sudoku.. worse I deleted the app and was going to reinstall and it is gone :-). Very sad. I was currently #46

• VermeirjVermeirj commented  · 

Same problem.
        Same addiction ...

• TomTom commented  · 

My connection issues started on the 17th. The new puzzles downloaded but connection issues started about an hour later.

• Donald E BridgewaterDonald E Bridgewater commented  · 

I've been playing since October 2008 and have seen a number of issues over the years. Some take longer than other to fix. I even pointed out an issue once together with a suspicion of the cause, which turned out to be correct and was thanked. However, Magmic seems to be moving away from the things beyond the Sudoku game I still play on my Blackberry that have kept me here. Perhaps I should have said played. Magmic Social has been eliminated, so I have not been able to contact friends there, and we didn't have the foresight to plan for such an eventuality. Now, I suspect they have decided to do away with the Sudoku game completely, but we will wait and see if that is really what happened After all, there are other game developers who do care about creating communities of followers instead of just collecting money. By the way, today is my birthday. Some birthday oresent if the Sudoku game is really gone.

• david cadedavid cade commented  · 

am having same problem....ruined my day!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hopefully it's just a fix. Been playing for 7 years so I'm kind of addicted.

• JoeJoe commented  · 

FWIW - All comments but one on Amazon App Store say that Magmic Sudoku, for which they paid $1.99, say the app does not work and that there is no support from Magmic.

Sudoku is not listed as as Magmic game on magmic.com, today, but I've been playing it daily on a BB7 phone for many years, until today, 2017-04-18. If Magmic has pulled the plug on Sudoku, as it has on the Android version of the app, as well as support for it across all platforms, Magmic should say so, although it's dedicated players would prefer that Magmic fix its issues with Magmic Sudoku across all platforms.

Feedback and Knowledge Base